Updated: Aug 5
No matter the event you’re hosting, having the right people in the right place can make the difference between success and failure. Even when streaming on a live stream service like YouTube, it’s important to engage your audience and keep them coming back for more.
Let’s look at how to create an unforgettable event with these seven simple ideas:
1. Use large screens at the flank of your stage or in corners of the room for easy viewing from all tables and angles. Create an engaging and compelling slideshow highlighting your attendees, event purpose, or winners in categories with your AV consultant. Play this slideshow before the event begins.
2. Rely on your production company to create a unique, overall design concept that reflects your event branding, including images, logos, and animated elements displayed on LED backdrops or screens.
3. Invest in a professional facilitator, maybe a well-known industry blogger, entertainer, or someone who can serve as the master of ceremonies, introduce keynote speakers, and crack jokes to keep the event moving. If you don’t have a need for a professional facilitator, choose someone in your organization who can be the master of ceremonies, keeping the crowd lively and engaged.
4. Add continuously changing LED lighting effects. You can tailor them to evoke feelings and emotions, or mirror a season theme for your event. Uplighting can throw dramatic colors and effects onto ceilings. These lights can transform hallways, lobbies, and even the main hall with moving, mood enhancing colors.
5. Create and display your event hashtag predominantly on the screens. This way, attendees can use the hashtags while posting to social media platforms. Have presenters encourage them to use the hashtags during their section of the event.
6. Use different team members to present awards, address different parts of your event and provide anecdotal stories. These presenters can add context and meaning to the significance of the event.
7. Collaborate with your production service company to play appropriate music throughout, bring excitement to the room and encourage audience applause.